Special Dress Code Guidelines
Guidelines for Dress Code for Homecoming Nominees,
Junior/Senior Banquet, and All Sports Banquets
Revised for 2021-2022
In the Scripture, we are enjoined to be modest. Because modesty is open to subjective interpretation, the CCS administration and school board felt that specific guidelines were necessary to effectively communicate what CCS has determined to be appropriate attire for these events.
BOYS: Suit, shirt, tie, dark socks, or socks that match the suit pants, and dress shoes OR tuxedo with dress shoes. No tennis shoes, sandals, or flip flops.
GIRLS: We will not approve any dress that requires alterations to meet our dress code standards.
- Full skirts - (pleated or gathered) should be no more than 4" above the knee when kneeling (standing on knees).
- Straight skirts/dresses - (have no fullness at the waist) must come to the top of the knee.
- Slits in the skirts - should not be higher than the middle of the knee
- Transparent fabrics - may not be worn.
- Stretch or cling fabrics - (lycra, spandex, etc.) may not be worn.
- ALL DRESSES must hang from the shoulder. This includes halters, spaghetti-straps, and side shoulder dresses.
- NO STRAPLESS DRESSES. No transparent or clear plastic straps. Sleeveless dresses must be fitted around the arm to modestly cover the upper chest and side.
- The back must not be lower than the natural bra line.
- The front of the dress must be no lower than 2 inches below the clavicle. No cleavage or exposure of any part of the breast when standing, sitting, reaching, or bending over. Any fabric required to be added to fit these requirements must be SEWN into the dress.
- Consideration should be given to the tightness of the dress. The dress should not be so tight that it calls excess attention to the young lady's physical features. It should be loose enough to be comfortable when sitting.
***NO TWO-PIECE DRESSES***
Girl's dresses must be approved by a CCS female administrator.
For Junior/Senior Banquet: Girls who do not attend CCS may call and schedule an appointment to have their dress approved. Call (405) 329-2500 and press option #2 to reach the HS office.
Any student bringing a guest to Jr/Sr Banquet who does not attend CCS MUST turn in an Outside Guest Application, available at the high school desk.